Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Good luck to her

I was coming back from work today in a rather dejected mood. When I reached the train station at which I had parked my car it was already 11 pm and all I could think of was how tiring my work was and how empty my stomach was.

Then this girl lugging heavy bags at the train station asked me how to get inside. The ticket counter was closed and the last train had departed, so I told her that, since it was quite obvious. She looked more dejected than me, which I would not have thought possible a moment ago. Feeling rather sorry for her, I asked her where she was going. She said she had to meet a friend to arrange accommodations as she had no place to stay.

As the train station I was at was rather far from everything, I offered her a lift to another LRT station. She accepted, unsurprisingly.

On the way I chatted with her a bit, and it turned out that she had been working near my place, but had quit today as she was going to enter college. She was going to meet a friend to look for temporary accommodation in KL before the semester started. I asked her why not go back to her hometown to stay the week, then she informed me that she was an orphan.

I dropped her at the station and she offered to pay me, which I declined of course. I wished her all the best in life.

If a young girl with no parents, who has to work at part time jobs and search for a place to stay or face being homeless can remain cheerful and fight on in life, I really don't see how I can complain just because I have to work hard and take some annoyances once in a while.

Perhaps God sent her to me just to remind me how lucky I am.

My heart is filled with love for my fellow human beings.

2 comments: