Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reincarnation

I once read this Buddhist pamphlet saying that if we eat chickens, in the next life we will be reincarnated as a chicken, while if we eat pork or beef, we will be reincarnated as pigs or cows.

In that case, it really doesn't make much sense to eat vegetables right... the only sensible thing to do would be to eat humans. But I'm sure Buddha's followers didn't mean it that way - they probably mean that if we cause suffering we will be reborn into that object to experience the same suffering.

Judging by the number of documents I print out, I think I will be reborn as a tree.

2 comments:

  1. yeah.. i do have the same though as you too about the chicken theory as a buddha follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaa... actually im wondering, if the chickens are born as chickens because of their karma, then we eat them will still incur bad karma?

    seems to be a very complex system

    ReplyDelete