Saturday, July 11, 2015

Annoying noise

During the five years I have lived in my current neighborhood, the row of houses behind mine have periodically generated some sort of horrid drilling noise on Saturdays. I am not sure why this is so but it seems to be due to some sort of renovation or repair. This is extremely annoying since I am fond of sleeping till past noon on Saturdays.


To be fair they only start this at perhaps ten or eleven in the morning, so I do feel that I don't have much of a moral ground to ask them to stop. However the fact that they have to constantly drill and drill does make me rather suspicious, after all if your teeth were alright you would not have to constantly drill at them; this sort of nonstop invasive procedures seem to hint that something is wrong with the structure.


The other possibility is that they keep trying to improve their houses, which is very annoying. After all the houses here, including my own, are really middle class at most, no amount of drilling is going to make them into mansions.


Really I wish they could take up some more quiet method of improving the look of their residences, such as bonsai.

No comments:

Post a Comment