Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Makeup

One of the things I think guys are most hypocritical on is makeup, on girls of course. When asked whether they prefer a girl with makeup or not, most guys I've seen will go "no no no I prefer natural", but when actually put to the test, I see girls who use makeup acquire many more pursuers than those who go without. Surely if guys were telling the truth this would go the other way around.

So why do so many guys insist on saying they prefer girls who go natural? (by this I mean no makeup, not no clothes) I think there are a few reasons for this:

1. There are girls who look strikingly beautiful even without makeup. They are DEFINITELY in the minority and there is just not enough supply to go around for every guy to get one, but still I suppose some guys do aim for it. It's like if you ask me what car I like I would tell you a Ferrari, but I don't think the chances are high that I will get my hands on one, at least in the near future.

2. The guys are being fake and emphasizing that they prize character over superficial beauty. Okay, girls do this too so there is nothing much to say for this one.

3. Makeup is somehow associated in their minds with vice and debauchery, Jezebel and the fleshpots of Egypt, and loose women. Well... this attitude is probably more common among younger fellows, especially those still in school. Having said that I think it's pretty silly, for a sensible amount of attention to one's appearance hardly equates to sin.

4. When we say "makeup on girls" some guys get the wrong idea. Personally I think this is the most important reason. I knew a few girls who put on makeup so thick that bullets would have trouble penetrating it. To be sure, when I see them I have to control an urge to pat their back hard just to see how large a powder cloud I can generate. Perhaps when we mention makeup, the above images are evoked in one's mind instead of a suitable application of eyeliner and foundation. In fact, I suspect the girls who use the aforementioned two elements in light amounts are classified under the "natural" girls by many guys.

So yes I think girls should use makeup. Just don't become a tempura.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I agree. I know so many guys saying how they hate girls using make ups; make ups ruined the world & etc and then the girls they said are pretty & hot is actually having quite a lot of make up... maybe not tempura but you get it.

    ReplyDelete